- These terms and conditions apply in their current version at the point of initiation of any legal contract between A la Carte Maps GmbH and its customers.
- These terms and conditions are exclusive. Any conditions of a customer that differ from these terms and conditions will not be recognized.
- When purchasing items via this website, every customer is required to register on www.alacartemaps.com first. Multiple registrations under different names are not permitted. The customer will only be able to purchase items and/or access the restricted online content of the website after successful registration.
- The admission of any registration can be withdrawn by A la Carte Maps at any time without stating any reasons. A la Carte Maps has the right to deactivate and delete any account details, including usernames and respective passwords without prior notice.
- The customer is responsible to fill in sufficient address information for successful delivery of the purchased goods. A la Carte Maps will not return any funds related to or re-ship items that have been returned due to insufficient address details.
Formation of a Contract
- The display of products on this website does not constitute an offer for sale or to enter into a sales contract with any customer. The display of products on this website is strictly non-binding.
- By placing an order via internet, telephone, mail or other means, the customer places an offer to enter a sales contract with A la Carte Maps, upon which the customer will receive a confirmation of the order. This confirmation does NOT constitute the acceptance of the offer by A la Carte Maps, but shall only advise the customer that the order has been received by A la Carte Maps.
- The contract is formed if A la Carte Maps accepts the offer by sending the ordered items to the customer.
- If A la Carte Maps cannot accept the offer of a customer, the customer will be informed of the non-availability of the ordered items. In this case, any related credit card charges will be returned within 30 days of placement of the order.
- Prices of the displayed items and shipping and handling costs can be changed without prior notice. The prices stated in the order confirmation are valid for the respective order. It is the responsibility of the customer to carefully check the order confirmation and to withdraw from the offer if he or she does not accept the stated price.
Shipping and Handling
- A la Carte Maps will send the ordered items to the address indicated in the order as quickly as possible. A la Carte Maps has the right to divide orders of several items into individual shipments. If this is the case, A la Carte Maps will bear any additional shipment costs.
- The shipment will be carried out with the shipment costs indicated in the order confirmation.
- Any information displayed with regard to delivery times is non-binding.
Conditional Sale and Withdrawal from Contract
- A la Carte Maps retains the proprietary rights with regard to the ordered items until payments have been received for the full amount of the order.
- The customer has the right to withdraw from the sales contract within 14 calendar days of delivery without stating any reasons. The intention to withdraw from the contract has to be sent to A la Carte Maps in written form via email (via our online contact form or directly to info(at)alacartemaps (dot)com) or physical mail, or by returning the received goods to A la Carte Maps. The 14 day period starts with the day when the ordered goods are delivered to the customer. This includes deliveries to PO boxes or designated third parties. To maintain the 14 day deadline, it is sufficient if the customer sends the intention to withdraw from the contract within 14 days of delivery. The customer has the burden of proof for having sent such an intention to withdraw.
- Any intention to withdraw from a sales contract needs to be sent via our web contact form or by physical mail to A la Carte Maps GmbH, PO Box, 8201 Schaffhausen, Switzerland. The respective goods also need to be returned to the same address.
- In case of withdrawal from the contract, both parties are obliged to return the respective goods or payments. A la Carte Maps will only accept the returning of undamaged and unopened goods and will only issue a refund after having received and inspected the returned items.
- The customer bears any expenses with regard to returning the purchased items, except if the items differ from the ones stated in the order confirmation.
- The right to withdraw from the sales contract does not apply in case goods are damaged or have been visibly used.
- In case the withdrawal does not take legal effect (for example if the returned goods are damaged), the customer will bear the resulting shipment costs for re-receiving the respective items.
Customs Duties and VAT
- Receiving shipments outside of Switzerland may incur customs duties and/or VAT. It is the customer‘s responsibility to cover any expenses related to such duties.
- A la Carte Maps is currently not liable to VAT. Thus all prices indicated on this website or in order confirmations are without VAT.
Guarantees and Liabilities
- If the delivered items are damaged or defective at the point of time of transfer of perils, e.g. in the case of manufacturing defects or delivery of the wrong items, A la Carte Maps will try to replace the respective goods. If such a replacement attempt fails, the customer may request the cancellation of the sales contract. This right expires if not exercised within 14 days of delivery.
- All liabilities of A la Carte Maps are limited to the legal minimum.
- A la Carte Maps reserves the right to change the terms and conditions at any time. The currently binding version of our terms and conditions can be found on www.alacartemaps.com and can be printed from there.
- Swiss law applies.
- The sole place of jurisdiction is Schaffhausen, Switzerland, unless mandated otherwise by applicable law.
Disclaimer with Regard to the Online Content of www.alacartemaps.com
- No liability for content
The content of our websites has been compiled with care. Nevertheless, A la Carte Maps can not assume any guarantee regarding the correctness, completeness or quality of the provided information.
- No liability for links
A la Carte Maps does not assume any liability for the content of third-party websites, which can be accessed through links on our websites or which refer to the web sites of A la Carte Maps. At the time of creation, A la Carte Maps has checked the entire linked content. However, A la Carte Maps has no influence regarding the current and future content, layout or the authorship of the linked pages whatsoever.
- No liability for use
A la Carte Maps reserves the right to modify or delete the content on its websites or any part thereof at any time. Availability of the content is not guaranteed in any way. You use the content on our websites at your own risk. Any kind of liability for damages caused by the use of our websites is fully excluded.
- No offer
The unprotected content on our websites does not constitute an offer. The use of the unprotected content does not constitute any kind of contractual relationship with À la Carte Maps. Wherever our web sites provide means to contact us, such possibility does not confer any right to a reply from our side.
- Intellectual property
The content on our website is protected by intellectual property rights (in particular copyright). Third-party content is marked as such. The content of our website must not be copied, disseminated, amended, made accessible to third parties or used in any other way without explicit written consent of A la Carte Maps, except where such use is explicitly permitted by the applicable law. Downloads, print-outs and copies of the content on our web site are allowed for private, non-commercial use only.
- The logo of A la Carte Maps is a trademark.
- General provisions
Our website is subject to substantive Swiss law, excluding provisions regarding conflict of laws. If any provision of this disclaimer is held unenforceable, all remaining provisions of this disclaimer shall remain in full force and effect.